WHAT WAS NEW in 1999-2000?
1. September 2000 - Audit Commission's Best Value Inspectorate awards the Chairman's Best Value Service Review (and management) of Bolton Metro Legal Services as a " 3 star excellent service". A copy of the Inspection Report is available on the Audit Commission's website. Bolton Metro Legal Services became the first and, so far, the only local government service to receive such acclaim.
2. Alexander Maxwell Trust - Legal Essay Prize. Further details on this year's essay writing competition appear on their website: http://www.amlst.org.uk/
3. The Chairman started his new duties as Chief Legal Officer with Birmingham City Council on Monday 19th June 2000. His new correspondence details appear on the homepage.
4. The Chairman has been promoted to Chief Legal Officer with Birmingham City Council - the largest metropolitan local authority in England. He joins Birmingham on Monday 19th June 2000 and he has been with Bolton MBC since March 1989. Prior to that he was at Ipswich Borough Council since 1985.
5. The March 2000 Newsletter is now on the Association News page....
CHAIRMAN'S COMMITMENTS - 1999
HUMAN RIGHTS ACT 1998 PUBLICATION